Mumbai Square https://www.mumbaisquare.co.uk/ is a best Indian Restaurant in Whitechapel London, which offers a lot for Asian people, especially for India.
It was high time for a collaboration between these two favorites!
Who is not crazy about hummus? This dip based on chickpeas is a favorite among many women: tasty as a dip in addition to some cut vegetables during the film on Friday night or as a spread on your favorite sandwich.
You can vary endlessly with hummus. Throw in a collection of your favorite herbs and spices or add different vegetables for a new taste sensation. Sweet potato is added to this hummus. This is the basis from which three different variants are made. After the base with sweet potato and chickpeas is made, it is a matter of toppings sprinkle on it and ready is Kees!
Ingredients for the base
– 400 g sweet potato
– 400 g chickpeas
– 30 g tahini
– 30 ml lemon juice
– 1 garlic clove
– pita bread
– extra-virgin olive oil
– sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparation method for the base
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Peel the sweet potato and chop into coarse cubes. Place the sweet potato cubes on the baking sheet and spread some olive oil over it. Season with salt and pepper and scoop the sweet potato cubes a few times so that they all came into contact with the olive oil.
3. Slide the baking sheet into the oven and let the sweet potato turn soft and golden. This will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
4. If the sweet potato cubes are soft, you can shoot them in a food processor. Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice and garlic clove and let the machine run until all the ingredients are well mixed together. Is the mixture too thick? Add some warm water until you have the right thickness.
5. Put the sweet potato hummus in a nice bowl and drop some extra-virgin olive oil of good quality. Serve it next to the pita bread.
Ingredients for variation 1: coriander hummus with roasted cashews
– 20 g fresh coriander
– 20 g roasted cashew nuts
– 5 g dried chili flakes
Method of preparation of variation 1
Chop the coriander and the roasted cashew nuts and scoop them through the base hummus. Divide some olive oil and dried chilli flakes as topping over the top and serve the dip next to the pita bread.
Ingredients for variation 2: hummus with pomegranate molasses and pistachios
– 20 g pomegranate molasses
– 20 g pomegranate seeds
– 15 g pistachio nuts
Method of preparation of variation 2
Finely chop the pistachios and distribute them together with the pomegranate molasses through the base hummus. Pour some olive oil over the top and finish with the pomegranate seeds. Serve the dip next to the pita bread.
Ingredients for variation 3: hot pepper hummus with feta and smoked paprika
– 1 small red pepper
– 40 g of feta
– 5 g of smoked paprika
Method of preparation of variation 3
Cut the red pepper as finely as possible and crumble the feta. Add both ingredients together with the smoked paprika to the base hummus and stir well. Pour some good quality olive oil over the top and serve the hummus next to the pita bread.
To learn more about Spicy food and other healthy & crunchy Indian foods, you may visit Mumbai Square. .